Tuesday, April 30, 2013

What to do when Youtube hair video tutorial hairstyle goes wrong...

I don't know how they do it. I tip my hats off to all those Natural Bloggers out there who make great hairstyle tutorials. I always get inspired by the notion of trying something new with my hair...So y'all know some of the favorite vloggers out there are : KinkyCoilyCurlyMe; Iknowlee; MyNaturalSistas; and CharyJay just to name a few.

So I attempted to do the following hair style to my hair*:



*Video Courtesy of Backsyncfan Youtube channel go here for more great styles

I spent 1 hour and 25 mins the night before two-strand twisting my hair and getting this down to a science by Bantu knotting the 2-strand twists. Excited and eager to see the finished look I got up the next morning and attempted to do the style...




The  front piece of my hair just didn't want to cooperate...So the New hairstyle I wanted to try ended up turning out to be really simple (well at-least for my hair length)...So what is a girl to do when you are stuck in a rut and you have spent hours watching and re-watching the video to make sure you followed all the steps of the tutorial....


1. Come to terms with your hair. It will act how it wants/feels no matter how much styling gel you use, combs, or bobby pins to hold things in place..Just learn to LOVE your hair

2. Improvise....No two hair textures are alike so that side swoop that worked on the Youtube video may not work the same for you...So tweak the hairstyle to your liking and to fit your hair type/texture

3. Be Confident and always put your best foot forward...Although we may not think our hair came out to look nice, other people can't tell so rock your hair with confidence. Some of my best hair styles/looks weren't  ones I liked that much but you couldn't tell because I chose to confidently wear it and made it work

4. If All Else fails...MAKEUP and KILLER OUTFIT...I believe that when hair isn't acting right, time to make up that face and put on clothes that make you feel super great about being you.  My favorite Ruffle cardigan makes me feel super edgy paired over a nice LBD (Little Black Dress) and simple yet bold hoops..


My hair "epic fail" final look:









What are some styles you have attempted ? Did they come out the way you envisioned them? Or id they didn't what did you do to tweak it?






No comments:

Post a Comment