Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Did you drink ANY water today?? Are YOU up for the challenge?


Did you know:


  • Drinking Water Helps Maintain the Balance of Body Fluids. Your body is composed of about 60% water. The functions of these bodily fluids include digestion, absorption, circulation, creation of saliva, transportation of nutrients, and maintenance of body temperature.
  • Water Can Help Control Calories. For years, dieters have been drinking lots of water as a weight loss strategy. While water doesn't have any magical effect on weight loss, substituting it for higher calorie beverages can certainly help.
  • Eight glasses of water per day is absolutely needed for healthy hair. You should drink water to clean out your system. This way, your body will be hydrated and your hair will also get more moisture. When washing/co-washing hair, cold water helps to close the cuticle layers on the hair strand and helps conditioner work better, leaving the hair more lustrous.



All these important things I always knew about water, but yet I find I have been lately neglecting how much water I drink. In the summer heat all I can think about is water because its hot, but now that the weather is changing, I am back to hot lattes and cups of Joe to keep me going.

Sooo to help with the moisture retention I have signed myself up for my own Triple H challenge: Healthy, Hydrated, Hair. The least amount of water I can drink is 3 glasses of water daily, with no maximum number daily (found out the 8 glasses of water per day is not a conclusive scientific fact but more so a general rule of thumb)



Day one will commence tomorrow, since I always say start off the day the right way...Bright and Early...besides I forgot about it and had a large coffee tomorrow and I actually want to start and end my day with water. 


So ladies how much water do you drink? Should you be drinking more than you do now?
Happy Drinking








No comments:

Post a Comment